What We Do
AES fosters collaboration to build prosperity in rural northern Michigan
Our Approach: The Alliance for Economic Success is a public-private partnership that collaborates across our community to support a healthy, integrated prosperity ecosystem for Wexford and Missaukee Counties, a geography often referred to as the Greater Cadillac Area.
What We Do: AES partners with businesses, organizations, and municipalities to build capacity and bring resources into the area.
Local Business and Industry Supports
The Greater Cadillac Area supports its business and industry leaders and the Alliance for Economic Success is a great starting point if you’re looking to start, grow, or relocate your business.
Other supports include:
- The Cadillac Area Chamber of Commerce focuses on local engagement through networking and increased marketing opportunities for their membership and provides support for local, state, and federal communications through its partnerships and legislation initiatives.
- The Missaukee Chamber of Commerce is a business partner that furthers the interests of small businesses, community members and non-profit organizations in Missaukee County
- The Small Business Development Center offers free training and consulting for small businesses.
- Michigan State University Extension has offices in Wexford and Missaukee County and brings Michigan State Extension Services such as the MSU Product Center – The MSU which supports innovation and growth for business, industry and entrepreneurs in food, agriculture and natural resource sectors- to the Greater Cadillac Area.
- Baker College of Cadillac is located just outside of the city, Baker College of Cadillac sits on a 66-acre campus, complete with hands-on learning facilities, on-campus housing, a fitness center, student center, and much more. Baker College of Cadillac is a strong community partner and is responsive to the area’s workforce and talent development needs.
- Northwest Michigan Works has Business Support Professionals dedicated to helping area employers navigate apprenticeship programs, Michigan’s Going Pro Talent Fund, Pure Michigan Talent Connect, and more.